Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Change

One thing I have noticed since I've been at The Compass is that a new year brings change. It seems that after the blur of the holidays and break we always lose a few people. Whether it's kids or volunteers, it's a pattern that I've seen. We have some volunteers who relocate to Florida for the cold winter months and others who are involved in sports. Sometimes kids have older siblings who are around to watch them, while others have lives that I can imagine are pretty chaotic and get moved to different schools. Change can be good or bad, but mainly it just makes things different. I'm trying to embrace that.
A sad change that one of our families experienced this year was that their home was destroyed by fire. Fortunately no one was injured...but I can't imagine the strength it takes to pick up the pieces after having something like this happen. They have found a new place to live and are living with family until they can move in. Unfortunately for The Compass, this family will be in a new school system. We will miss them a lot! I am thankful to the families who pitched in to help this family out!
On a lighter note...we experienced some really fun changes for the kids this year! Through a donation, we were able to purchase new electronic equipment for the kids...tv's and video game systems! They are really having a blast with the new games...and the adults are too:) We've also received other donations that have really helped us to provided new activities for the kids.
I am a person who doesn't care much for change...but I know that sometimes it's a good way to grow. I am trying to see the positive things for The Compass, that can come out of change. I am thankful that God can open my eyes to those changes!
Please continue to keep The Compass in your prayers!

1 comment:

Angela said...

just wanted to stop in to let you know we still pray. great to hear the ways God continues to provide for the ministry!